Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The silent night and the screaming buddy

Hello People:

It has been a really long time since I had posted. I guess many of you might have started thinking that I update my blog only once a year (for Diwali). I have been thinking about lots of interesting topics (interesting to me if not for others) to post, but never had a chance to bring them out in words. I finally decided to finish my long pending post this weekend. But, for the elements ....

Okay.. Enough digressions and lets get back to business. Let me introduce you all to my best buddy since 2003.. my man.. my right hand.. my friend.. my everything.. life changed a lot since I met her.. it became interesting, thrilling, entertaining, & educating, ... we go out every day, every night, rain or shine.. dark or bright.. any time.. any time I please ..we have spent hours and hours together.. travelled miles and miles together.. to beaches.. to mountains.. scenic drives.. chilly snow.. bumby hails.. and what not.. She sings very well.. in fact she sings all the time.. i am so attached to her that I can't live without her.. but, the elements...

This saturday night, I was working late.. yup really late 1 am.. I was hungry.. can't wait to meet her and go out to get some food.. yup she has never refused to my calls.. till that night.. never.. 3 am, 5 am, any time, .. she would just go with me whereever I please.. but, she started screaming at me.. loud.. i mean really loud.. she would never stop.. I tried my usual tricks to passify her.. may be I hurt her?? may be she is just not happy?? thoughts running through my mind.. I tried again.. yes screaming.. the same wild screaming.. she would never stop.. i go round and round.. she would never stop..

I went back to my office.. checked on the Internet.. how to stop the screaming?? how to disable her loud scream?? I really wanted to go and eat.. I came back to her.. tired & hungry.. come on lets go.. again.. screaming.. the same wild screaming.. what is wrong with her today?? is it the rain that poured a little bit in this dry southern californian desert?? is it because it is a saturday night and I working late at the office?? all I hear is screaming.. she would stop exactly after 1 minute.. If I ask to her to come with me to eat, she would start screaming..

Then I decided.. I had to do this.. I made up my mind.. I had to do this.. I can't bear the screaming any more.. I gotta stop this.. I did the cruel thing.. yes I did.. my selfishness made me do that..

you should be wondering what did I do??? okay let me be honest..

I pulled the plug.. yes I pulled it.. strange silence filled the air.. I felt cold, eerrie wind blowing across my chins.. the silence was different.. thoughts racing in my mind... I have to fix her.. I have to do it quick and then go and eat.. it is very cold and there was no lights.. I was hungry, cold, alone,.. I went back to my office and brought an emergency light / generator.. and started working on her.. the light was not enough.. but I didn't give up.. I worked on her.. this is my first time.. I disassembled her as suggested in the text books.. as you know text books are always wrong.. after 3 hours of hard work, I figured that I disassembled the wrong section.. the module that I was looking for is not present.. Now I was hungry, tired, angry, & cold.. the module I was looking for is well protected.. hard to reach.. there is no light and have to work using the senses of touch.. I tried.. tried hard to find that it is under a heavy metallic protection..

it was almost 6:30 AM now.. I finally made the call.. left her on the road.. called a cab and went back home.. she is still standing in the same place, waiting to be fixed.. I didnt' get time today to console her and bring her back to life..

Okay people:
Enough suspence... I am assumming you are not just reading the end... If you are then STOP right here and READ the post from the beginning.. for the nice souls, who read all the way from the top, you must be wondering who she is.. She is my Car.. my lovely little car.. The anit-theft alarm in my car broke and it would never go off.. damn it is loud and totally annoying.. also your engine gets stalled and you cannot start and drive your car when this happens.. I opened the hood and pulled the battery negative.. tried to fix it.. i just needed to to locate the control module to disable the alarm.. now go back and read the post again.. it should all make sense hopefully.. on a side note, you just don't realize how much you are attached to your car until you miss it.. now I have got a bike (healthy choice) for filling the needs until I fix my car.. I want to fix it myself just for the satisfaction.. hopefully I will work on her tomorrow during the day light and get her back to life.. :-) I love my car.. however old she is..

Cheers-

Disclaimer: I haven't had a chance to proof read this and posting it AS IS.. so bear with me if the language is little rough..

Acknowledgements: Thanks to Karthik B.S and KK for persuading me to put a new post.. the elements behind this post..

62 comments:

Unknown said...

naane firstu! Enakke treatu! :D

poi padichu paathuttu aprama varen! :)

KK said...

Wow! Kalakal post Venky!!!
inthanga unga kaima idli :)
When I started reading itself I had a doubt that this is not any girl... Ivaluv public'a unga girl friend pathi solla maateenganu theriyum... I thot it was you Personal stereo kinda thing... I was way off :)
I too love my car...Its like one of my friend for me. Have fun biking dude!!! I cant do that for another 6 months atleast...
Yen per'a potathukku nemba danks ba...

KK said...

Cha! Just miss for the phasht comment... BSK 50/50??

Unknown said...

//I disassembled her as suggested in the text books.. as you know text books are always wrong..

nalla comedy! :)

//Let me introduce you all to my best buddy since 2003.. my man.. my right hand....//

appadinu soltu appurom SHE-nu sonnenga.. adhan konjam kozhappama pochu! ;)

//Acknowledgements: Thanks to Karthik B.S and KK for persuading me to put a new post.. the elements behind this post..

thanks ba! :)


appurom overa build up kudukkarappovey theriyum edho irukkunu... aana unga car-ah pathi dhaanu ennala guess panna mudiyala!

I thot it would have been ur Cell Phone.

//Cha! Just miss for the phasht comment... BSK 50/50??

adada KK, naan andha comment potu 2 minutes kooda aagala, adhukulla enga irundhu vandheenga? :)

seri kandippa 50-50. Idhellam inna kelvi! :)

prithz said...

Haha! KK maadiriye.. me the knew that u r not talkin abt ur gf.. i thot u were talkin abt ur mp3 player! anyway.. nalla build up koduthu thirupi strike pannikinga... hope to see ur blog being updated...take care.. tata!

Syam said...

konjam periya post ah iruku...ippothaiku attendance apaalika vandhu kandukaren :-)

G3 said...

Hehe.. Buid up overa irukkum bodhey adhu girl friend illannu therinjiduchu.. But thought it wud be something like music player or ipod.. Aana Carnnu thonavae illa :)

@BSK : Nakkeerar parambaraiyo? Andha "my man"a correcta pudichiteenga?

Venkatesh said...

@karthik: congrats on first post.. nichayam treatu..

"my man" - disclaimer padicheenga ella?? "my girl" would have been better.. actually reading it again, I found lot of places that needs improvement.. romba over build-up kudakamma, step-by-steppa padam pottu realistica build-up kuduthu irukanum..

@KK: 50-50 ya, 100-100 aakikalamm.. vungalukkum treat undu..
>> Ivaluv public'a unga girl friend >>pathi solla maateenganu
yeah.. correct than.. but I thought I might get away as I have not really posted many posts..

Personal stereo?? hahaha.. good to know that u too love ur car.. :-) hope you can ride ur bike soon.. me too was in a similar state 3 years back.. veera vazhakayil ethellam sagacham..

@prithz: complan gal, neegalum emara villaiya?? cha.. mp3 player is a good guess but it can't scream, it can only stream.. ;)

@syam: porumaya vanthu padinga nattamai..

@g3: ellarume music player ella mp3 playernu guessaa.. cha.. nan innum konjam time spent panni realistica post pottu irukkanu..

gils said...

hmmm...i thot its some ipod or something...car...semma twist ponga...

prithz said...

doctorrrrrrrr sirrrrrrrrr!!!! ungalukkum bday varudhaaa??? super... Advance Bday Wishes!!!!...Have a blast... yeannakum oru black forest cake parcel pannidunga.. ungalukku gift ah, na oru ferero rocher pack courier pannirken... collect pannikonga :D (*romba kashta pattu, chamathu ponna, oru choc kooda thodama.. parcel panniten.. yeanni paathukoonga correta irukaanu*) :D

KK said...

//hope you can ride ur bike soon.. me too was in a similar state 3 years back.. veera vazhakayil ethellam sagacham..//
Naan keezha vizhalam illai... yenga oorla kuluru jasti so winter mudira varaikkum wait pannanum :)
2 days to go for B'day...(chumma oru count down :))

Syam said...

oh naan kooda ithu cell phone ah illa vera ethaavathu irukumnu ninaichute padichen...but never thoutht its going to be your car neither GF (hee hee)...nalla thaan build up kuduthu irukeenga :-)

Syam said...

@KK, namma venkatesh annatha innum namma katchi la serala pola...application anupungalen avaruku...g3 goshti grow aite poguthu :-)

Venkatesh said...

@gils: haha.. neengalum ipod thana..

@prithz: heyyyy complan gal.. thanks very much.. Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte directa Germanyla irunthu order panni, parcel panni, anupchu iruken.. ensoy.. wow oru choc kuda edukama anupchu irukeengala?? romba nanri..

@KK: oops.. sorry bro.. chigaco snow pathi thinke pannala.. spoilt by californian weather.. 2 days count-down ethuku nyabaka paduthureenga.. vayasu erekitta poguthu..

@syam brether: cell phone.. nalla guess.. thala.. unga katchela sera applicationa ennoda thondan kitta kuduchu anupchuiruken.. vanda vudana sollunga.. :-)

KK said...

Venkatesh - One day to go... :)

@Syam - Venkatesh'a romba naal munnadiye namma katchila serthache... Gils munnadiye serthutaar :)

G3 said...

Hello.. Iniya pirandhanaal Vaazhthukkal!!!

prithz said...

Wish u a Happpy Happppppy Happppppppyyy Bdayyyyyyyyy!!! :D

prithz said...

Neenga sadharama "black forest cherry cake" nu sollirka koodadha? Na poi Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte ah wiki panni, seri.. neenga yeanna thittala nu confirm panne!!!

unga PhD moolais laam, indha complan girl kitta kamcha... yeanga pooga?

seri.. cake rombaaaaaaaa superrrr!!! cherrrrryyy... yuuuuuuuuuummmmm!!! :D

KK said...

Wish you a very Happy B'day!!!
Have a great day!!!

Venkatesh said...

@KK: correcta sonneenga.. nan kuda maruduthan about the gils adding me.. thanks for your wishes..

@g3: thanks a lot..

@prithz: haha..German's than famous for making this kind of cake.. i have had it in Berlin.. supera irukum.. thats why effecta irukkatuumu Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte sonnen..
thanks for your wishes and also for your super cake..

Unknown said...

i am taking a break. bye! :)

Bharathi said...

Hi Venkatesh,first two paragraph padicha pothe,idu build up nu terinjudhu....ana konjam over ah than build up koduthu irukeenga.

Venkatesh said...

@karthik: taking a breaknu sollittu.. hope your exams are going on well..

@bharathi: welcome to my blog.. yeah konjam realistica build up kuduthu irukanum.. but I don't have the patience.. :-(

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Haahaha..Tht was 2 descriptive ;)

U have a nice blog :)

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

And solla maranthuten :D Thanks for dropping by my page :D

Venkatesh said...

@pon: thanks.. welcome to my blog..

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Next post pls :D

prithz said...

My examssssssss overrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! jus wanted to shout it out loud.. adhan vandhu eti paathutu, shoutinggs n escape...

p.s..... konjam update pandrathu! :D

Venkatesh said...

pon: half-baked, no time to finish. :-(

prithz:: hey kidddoo.. neenga kathunadu enaku inga varikum kekuthu.. ensoy the holidays... post poda konjam time agum.. me super busy.. :-(

Unknown said...

eppa neenga inna oru maasathuk oru vaati dhaan post poduveengala? ;)

marubadiyum naanum, KK-vum ungala kaeta dhaan poduveengalo? ;)

Summa dhaan Kaeten Venki, enakku theriyum neenga busy-nu! Seekiram neenga free aaganum and super post ellam podanumnu vaazhthuren! :)

Bharathi said...

Eppo pa next post?

Venkatesh said...

@karthik and bharathi:
just got time to check my blog.. in the middle of travel.. so will do as soon as I get time.

Marutham said...

Aha.. nalla post... Btw, adutha diwaliku dhaan next poshta ;)

hehehe...Get back sir! Bus kelamba pogudhu... Next year vara pogudhu!
Incase u dnt turn up..
Advance- newyear wishes .... ;)

prithz said...

Hey.. can u drop me ur email address in my blog.. so that i can contact u... i have enabled comment moderation.. so no worries. :)

Swamy Srinivasan aka Kittu Mama said...

super aana post venky. write more.

Venkatesh said...

@marutham: welcome to my blog.. thanks for ur wishes and happy xmas / new year.. seekiram will post..

@prithz: one extra commentukku nanri..

@kittu: welcome to my blog.. happy new year / xmas.. seekiram will post..

G3 said...

Wishing you a very Happy, Prosperous and Successful New Year :-)

KK said...

Wishing you a very Happy and Prosperous New Year!!! :D

Unknown said...

wish u a very happy new year! :)

Syam said...

Wish you a Wonderful New Year!!!

Subramani Dharmar said...

lhintresting post , i was thinking u were talking abou your I Pod.

Venkatesh said...

@g3, kk, bsk and syam: thanks for ur wishes and wish u the same..

subramani: welcome to my blog.. haha just like everyone else you guessed it as iPod.. wish you a very happy and prosperous new year 2007..

Bharathi said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007!!!!!

prithz said...

Wishes for a joyous, successful, healthy and memorable year ahead! :) Have fun!

Marutham said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR- ENGEY KANAAMAL POITEENGA...
get back!! ;)

Unknown said...

pudhu postu potaach! :)

ur mail id plz (if u wish to give). mine is mailkarthik_bs (at) yahoo.com

Venkatesh said...

@bharathi, prithz and maruthum:

thanks for your wishes and wish you the same..

@bsk:

thanks for the note.. i have sent u an email..

prithz said...

48 :)

prithz said...

49 :)

prithz said...

50 :)

if this is wat u were waiting for... now, u better update ur blog!

Unknown said...

51st

Unknown said...

55th

Unknown said...

60th

Unknown said...

65th

Unknown said...

85th

Unknown said...

90th

Unknown said...

99th

Unknown said...

100th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enga ooru kanakku padi 100 commentu potaachu! Ippoyavudhu pudhu postu podunga Venkatesh!!!! :)

Oru naalu vari dhaan podardhu! :)

Venkatesh said...

Prithz and BSK:

Kalaketeenga..
seekiram varadu pudhu post..

Word verification thollai ellam meeri, 100 comments pottadhuku romba nanri..

prithz said...

Ama.. u better understand.. diwali poochu, christmas poochu, new year poochu, pongal um seekram poidarthukulla... V want new post.. new post..new post!

prithz said...

Hope ur next post is not pongal potluck :D

Venkatesh said...

prithz: sorry for the late reply.. eppo varudu pudu post.. :-)